Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone use Ichthammol ointment for removing slinter / sliver?

On Apr 26, 7:45*am, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Apr 25, 11:59 am, "steve robinson"

wrote:

If it is in the joint, it must be removed surgically. If it is in
there too long the body's defense will encapsulate the foreign object
and make you suffer for a long, long time. BTDT. I had a nice piece of
oak splinter that accordioned itself into the joint of my right index
finger. The superficial part of it had snapped under the skin so I dug
it out but obviously didn't get it all. 4 Months later that joint
wouldn't even bend without a nice shot of pain. Off to our awful
medical system where I was handled that same afternoon, by an expert,
for free.

Leon:
Must be a terrible medical system if it took you 4 months of pain before you
decided it was worth going in for. * ???

LOL. okay smartypants. I tend to try to 'walk things off'. I have
nothing but excellent experiences with our healthcare system..
besides, I have connections. (SO and her troupe) :-)