Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Injection molding photos

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
I don't discourage anyone from trying stuff, but those parts Ed made were
- um - _really_ bad... really... He'd have been a LOT better off trying
to CAST the parts from a low-vis liquid resin.

--Part of what you were seeing were plastic parts made while I was
purging the machine of black Nylatron, replacing it with 'natural' color
Nylon. They look a whole lot better now and the flash is gone too.. Will
crank out more parts once I'm done restoring machine #2.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Come see my stuff
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : at Maker Faire!!