Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Rapid and DHL

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
Huge wrote:
I think this needs to be a FAQ along the lines of;

"Q: Which courier service is best?"
"A: It depends."

I'm sure it does. Living in the centre of London suggests I should have
the best service.

Because IME, Parcel Force are the best, CityLink somewhere in the middle
and UPS unremittingly ****e.

Most things I buy from the US seem to come by UPS. Including stuff from
Digikey - and they manage to ship from California to London within 24
hours.

I generally use the ordinary PO as most of my stuff is small. And I've got
nothing but praise for them. Apart from closing my local sub PO where
parking or walking to was easy.

The problem I have with the PO is that there is no easy to reach "buck
stops here" contact

When it's minus degrees and someone hasn't received their boiler pcb,
they don't want to be told to fill in a form if it hasn't turned up in
30 days

that's assuming that you get through to someone

With CityLink and APC, I have someone on the end of the phone who will
at least get some form of answer

--
geoff