Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Loose Kitchen Tap

Andrew May wrote:
Fitted a new kitchen tap at the weekend. The type with a base that
goes into a single hole in the sink with a nut on the underside. But
it came with a rubber washer to go between the nut and the sink and
however much I tighten it there is some give and the tap has a
tendency to lean when touched. I can't see the point of a rubber
washer and was wondering if there was any reason why I should not
replace it with a nylon one to try to give a bit more stability.

Monobloc mixers usually come with a horseshoe shaped metal plate & a
matching rubber washer. Have yiu got the metal plate? You should have this
lot
http://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.uk...-kit-212-p.asp

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman