Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LCD TV height

On Apr 26, 8:22*am, terry wrote:
On Apr 25, 10:36*pm, aemeijers wrote:

Ron wrote:
On Apr 25, 6:28 pm, aemeijers wrote:
When and if these glass TVs crap out and I upgrade to modern sets

Plasma TVs have glass screens. "Double" glass screen as a matter of
fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pl...omposition.svg

C'mon, you knew what I meant...

--
aem sends...

Exactly; Better wording might have been 'Heavy CRT, glass tube, TV
sets' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you KNEW what was meant.

BTW agree with *aemeijers ...... when our second
hand approx 37 inch TV that cost us next to nothing and which we
repaired some six or more years ago for four dollars does fail, it's
doing fine now, we may consider looking for a used LCD.

Much of the programming is (excuse the word) crap! And much of the so-
called news is just sensational one sided ranting and posturing! (And
probably lobbying!)

Fortunately TV is becoming available via the internet. So often as not
one can watch BBC World News and other national TV feeds (all in
English) that way.

For example there was virtually no coverage of the Chinese mine
flooding on North American TV. That was a case where 115 men were
rescued after EIGHT days in the flooded mine. And a total of over 200
were rescued in total, by over 1000 working above ground etc. Well
done!

And; oh yes. Put the TV at a comfortable height for your sitting and
viewing. Nothing magic.

I have a 47" LCD sitting on a TV stand that is the typical height,
probably about 20" high or so. I do most watching lying down on the
sofa, so find it great for that, and OK for sitting as well. I'm not
a big fan of mounting them on the wall and high, unless it's for an
application like a bedroom.

As for programming that;s available, I have Cablevision in the nyc
area and am very satisfied with the way HD looks and think there is
definitely enough HD out there to make purchasing a large screen HD
unit worthwhile. My next purchase I'm about to make is the new Tivo
HD personal video recorder.