Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Mary's home

On 4/25/2010 9:10 PM, Don Foreman wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:43:18 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 11:54:54 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

YES!

I nominate Don to edit the _RCM Cookbook_.

--Winston

Seconded!!

Gunner

Respectfully declined. Gawd, you want an engineer to edit a cookbook?

Who else could lay out a recipe that mere mortals could
prepare easily? Too often, I see an ingredient hidden
among the instructions or instructions hidden among the
ingredients. Also baseless assumptions made about the ability
of the person reading the recipe. Clarified butter? Huh?

Also mind bogglingly complicated recipes with huge ingredients
lists that result in dishes that aren't nearly as good as
their much simpler, more quickly prepared competitors.

Don't get me started about 'dashes' and 'dollops' as units
of measure.

Besides,there's a real editor among us.

Perhaps Ed will share his favorites!

--Winston

--

Harley was venal, arrogant, despicable and a psychologist.
He was the second most redundant man I ever talked to.