Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

wrote in message
On Apr 25, 1:32 pm, Hawke wrote:

That's one man's experience.

Want to know how it is for most people? When they retire after 40 years
of work or so about 98% can't get by without government benefits.
My complaint is
that it doesn't for the vast majority of Americans even when they played
by the rules. When the bulk of the workers in a country have little to
show for it after years of full time work it seems to me that isn't a
system that I would be bragging about.

Hawke

Actually it is the experience of most of the people that I know. Now
I have to admit most of the people that I know are reasonably
intelligent. And there are a lot of people that don't make out very
well.

But I would sure like to know where you get your statistics that 98%
can not get by without government benefits. It is hard to believe
that I am in the top 2%.

Dan

Me, too. We are talking about getting free stuff that we're "entitled" to,
even though we don't need it.

Steve