Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Visible Warning Device

"Doug White" wrote in message
I have a new progressive reloading press (a Dillon XL650), which has an
automatic alarm device to tell you when the powder hopper is getting low.
It's basically a weighted piston that rides on top of the powder, and
when it gets down far enough, a knob on top hits a switch & the alarm
goes off. I'd like to store the thing in the hopper, but there's no off
switch.

snip

I'm not sure if I'd be comfortable with the idea of anything that could
change the free-fall of the powder. My biggest fear is no powder or a
double load. I started drawing up a 7-hole press, I like a Lee Factory
Crimp Die in the last station and have room for a powder check after the
throw.