Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Buerste wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Buerste wrote:
"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 03:57:42 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:
snip
Far too many people believe that low paying jobs should be
eliminated.
snip
Another example of micro-optimization.

Most of the people that advocate this are also among the loudest
complainers about high taxes and welfare queens, as well as the
breakdown in "law-n-order."

By eliminating the jobs for the less skilled/motivated, we are
simply creating a permanent under class (and liberal voting
block), and as Grandma observed, "Idle hands are the devil's
workshop." GOOD THINKING....

Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

You said it better than I could. Liberals like to feel that
everybody is trainable to do high-paying jobs but it just isn't so.
Many years ago, I had an old guy that swept the floors and moved
material around. He took great pride in how clean he kept the plant
and enjoyed doing it. He couldn't add and subtract or read and
write but had pride and satisfaction. The floors haven't been as
clean since he died. I can't afford to hire a replacement at
$15/hr. plus bennies. And, the union won't accept a lower pay.

That's really something Tom. Perhaps you shouldn't abuse your old
guys. It seems they die off on you.
When did minimum wage hit $15.00 per hour? Is that something unique
to Cleveland or is it a State thing?
LMAO
How many sides does your mouth have?
I've seen three so far. Are there more?

--
John R. Carroll

Is it that you can't read or that you can't comprehend? I'll use
smaller word for you next time. Dumbass!

Well, you said initially that a higher minimum wage made it impossible for
you to replace a minimum wage guy.
Then you said that you couldn't afford "$15/hr. plus bennies" so I was
wondering why you are either talking out of both sides of your mouth
again,
or think minimum wage is "$15/hr. plus bennies"?

There are literally thousands of minimum wage manufacturing jobs available
here in California Tom but they pay minimum wage, not "$15/hr. plus
bennies".

--
John R. Carroll

Ok, since you didn't attack me...this time...I'll play nice.

The union won't allow any wages less than contract minimum with a vacation
and sick-days tier, 12 paid holidays and medical coverage. I'm sorry I
wasn't clear.