Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] aasberry@aol.com is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:32:09 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

SNIP
My complaint is
that it doesn't for the vast majority of Americans even when they played
by the rules. When the bulk of the workers in a country have little to
show for it after years of full time work it seems to me that isn't a
system that I would be bragging about.

Hawke

What you are not taking into account is the action of the players in
the system.

I would wager that most of those 98% you speak of made bad choices
early in their lives. Bought new cars, big houses, electronics, etc.
that were beyond their means.

If you want an 18 to 24% return on your money, pay cash, buy used
cars, do without cable TV. No one NEEDS a three door refrigerator or a
$40,000 boat.

And my pet peeve, sending money to TV preachers when they have past
due bills. Grrr.

Don't get me wrong. If you can afford those things, then by all means
enjoy the fruit of your labors. But don't spend your last dollar
thinking that someone will take care of you.