Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_3_] John R. Carroll[_3_] is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:31:09 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 03:53:13 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
snip
And Id still like to have my Milwaukee 9" grinder back that he has.

Gunner

Hmmmm.

Shrug..I loaned it to him about 3 yrs ago.

I, like most other readers here probably, take him at his word that
the deal was that you were supposed to pick it up. Did you imagine
that you could unilaterally amend your contract with him as you've
done with so many of your creditors?

Still havent gotten it back.

He told you multiple times, in public, that you may pick it up at any
reasonable time. You could have driven there in the time you've wasted
whining about how difficult it is for you to stick to your word. Now I
suppose you think he should do you a favor for free despite your lame
attempts to smear him here. Classic deadbeat strategy.

If you want another favor from him, then you'll have to make a new
deal. You could check the shipping price, send him that plus $10 for
his trouble, and maybe he'll take pity on you again. Although I'd
prefer that you keep whining and smearing. Sure, it hasn't worked yet,
but there's always hope that doing the same pathetically stupid thing
over and over will someday magically achieve a different result, right
gummy?

His grinder is right where he left it and I've no interest in wasting the
time it would take to crate it properly.
He can pick it up at his leisure and the only reason it is here at all is
that he left it so I could pay ONE OF MY GUYS to do a job I'd already more
than paid him in full , in advance and on his word that he'd finish up, to
do.

He also said he'd pick it up on one of his many trips through the area.
He'll either do that or I'll throw it out when I move next. I'm not spending
another
nickel on the toothless welfare queen.

He was using it to clean up a piece of junk that I bought from him.
Getting it going was part of the deal if I'd buy brushes for the traction
motor - the only thing he said he'd need.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. $500 dollars worth of parts later and the thing is still a
rusted out piece of useless crap.

As for his "prowess" as an electrical trouble shooter, I picked up a
complete service manual with all of the electrical diagrams and his "Fix"
for the failed components was to bypass the fuses - TO THE CHARGING
CIRCUIT - and baste everything in PB Blaster. There wasn't anything wrong
with the charging circuit. The batteries he had cobbled together were ****.
I picked up a set from Big Joe and, miracle of miracles, the relay's and
solenoids suddenly started working. It was pretty obvious at that point that
his real skill is bull ****ting. A ten year old could have made perfect
sense of the electrical drawings but not Gunner.

What he seemed to have a handle on was smoking my cigarettes and guzzling
energy drinks like a speed freak when he wasn't downing Mountain Dew or
beating his dog.

Frankly, I felt sorry for him so I stuck an extra couple hundred in cash in
his hands and bid him on his way. I needed my helper back to do what I pay
him for and it didn't look to me that Gunner would get his job done
regardless the time or money allowed.
At that point, he offered to leave his POS grinder so my guys could finish
his work. I said no, but he persisted and when he agreed to pick the thing
up on one of his trips through the area, I relented. I just wanted the guy
on his way before he turned my place into a Superfund site.

In the end, I called Big Joe and offered them the lift for nothing if
they'd pick it and the other piece of junk Gunner still hadn't come back to
remove the chain and lock from. That was a couple months ago. It just wasn't
worth screwing with and got the same amount of use in the end as Gunners
rusted out grinder.
Zero.

--
John R. Carroll