Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Rapid and DHL

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 21:49:35 +0100 ARWadsworth wrote :
My girlfriend is sure that she weighed less in stones and ounces
than she does in in kg.

I've spent many months wrestling with Eurocodes which are replacing
British Standards for structural design. My favourite quote comes
from David Brown of Steel Construction Institute who makes a point
of reminding his course attenders or article readers that changing
code provisions doesn't make a steel beam any stronger or weaker:
steel beams know nothing of codes - a beam which will happily
support 10 tonnes and collapse when you put 20 tonnes on it can't be
made stronger by using a different code.

--
Tony Bryer, Greentram: 'Software to build on' Melbourne, Australia
www.superbeam.co.uk www.eurobeam.co.uk www.greentram.com