Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:21:52 -0400, Rob Budd wrote:

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:55:37 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

Rob Budd wrote in
m:

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 22:37:15 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

Consideration of all this is how I come to the conclusion that CFLs are
not all they're cracked-up to be when it comes to saving money. They
probably do save money, but the amount saved is surely very, very small.

I switched most of my lights to CFL a few years ago. As a result, I
saved enough electricity that the power company changed me to a lower
rate structure, which gave me additional savings. They said I
qualified because I had reduced my power consumption by more than 10%
than the same period the preceeding year.

If I save 10%, that amounts to ten dollars a month. I am not going to
bother with CFLs if the hassle means only ten dollars a month.

That's fine if you are a completely self-absorbed, greedy, selfish
person who cares about no one but himself.

We're not paying your electric bill, no.

How about doing something simply because it's the right thing to do?

Because it's *NOT* The "right thing to do". Another watermelon patch
uncovered.