Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Picture tube degaussing

On Apr 25, 8:15*am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:41:11 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Ron Weston"

I'm afraid the degaussing circuit in the TV is not working.

** *Now he tells us ......

Did he never guess that the failure of the degaussing circuit *CAUSED *the
green patches to appear ??

I wonder how someone who would ask these question about degaussing
determine the internal degauss wasn't working?

I had a TV with a failed degaussing system which caused a serious
color blotch as Phil described. This one failed because of a relay
contact flexing the solder joint on the PCB which eventually failed. I
removed all the old solder and re-soldered it. It went 8 years before
the first failure.