Posted to rec.woodworking
RP[_2_] RP[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone use Ichthammol ointment for removing slinter / sliver?

On Apr 25, 11:46*am, Jay Pique wrote:
So I just bought some Ichthammol ointment to try and draw out a
particularly stubborn doug fir splinter that broke off somewhere deep
in the joint on my index finger. *I'm convinced it has gone underneath
a tendon or into the bone or something. *The finger is pretty
swollen. *Old wives tale says this salve works. *Any of you old farts
use this? *Looks and smells like roofing tar!

JP

It works real good for ~slightly~ embedded wood parts. If you cannot
see any part of the wood you need to dig it out in another manner,
especially if it's as bad as you say.

RP