Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Rapid and DHL

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 24/04/2010 00:00, ARWadsworth wrote:
"Dave Plowman wrote in message

I've not got your experience, but have found them OK for deliveries.
Usually get the same driver who is very pleasant. Parcel Farce is the
only
carrier I've had problems with.

Go on then:-) My next door neighbour has a note in the door asking that
any
parcels should only be delivered to no 11 if he is not in.

My neighbour has a note on his door,

"we are not allowed to accept packages for Adrian"

I never said he couldn't (it would be *useful* if he did... ) but since I
think he is a cantankerous old sod (and he thinks I am some sort of
criminal) I'm almost thinking of sticking a visible reply on my door

"Due to items going missing,
please don't leave deliveries next door!"

But, we are good folk - and won't stoop to playing his games ...

--
Adrian C

Well he sounds a charming fellow. I am not sure I would want my mail to be
signed for by him. Tis an ambition though of mine to be one day be a
cantankerous old sod. I am going to buy a stick to poke people with and
queue jump in shops etc:-)

Adam