Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default THIS! iS! ALABAMA!

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Hasn't that been tried in relation to immigration law? I gave
up years ago trying to get government officials to do their
jobs. I reported to the FBI a crime committed by a LEO. The
agents did their job, investigated and told me that yes the
LEO did commit a crime. The FBI agents reported their findings
to The US Attorney who's response was "We don't consider it
a serious enough crime so we won't prosecute." I asked for a
list of federal crimes that were not serious enough to prosecute
so I could make it known to everyone but the feds declined my
request. Funny thing happened some years later when a LEO
political candidate did the same thing when he investigated
voter fraud, it suddenly became a serious crime for which the
LEO was prosecuted and imprisoned. Strange how that works.

Right. But a government official committing a crime is not the same thing as
that same individual refusing to do his mandated duty. Usually there is no
penalty attached to the latter.

For example, suppose a county clerk refuses to issue a marriage license to a
legally-qualified couple. The couple can get a judge to order the clerk to
issue the license but cannot file criminal charges against that same public
official.

That's not the case with the new Arizona law.