Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shock from Power Tool - What is tooo much? Tips on fixing this?

Sounds like the tool is dangerous. I'd be thinking to cut
the cord off, and put the tool in the trash.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
I have a power tool that occasionally gives me a little
tingle when I
touch it with an abraded area of skin or maybe the cuticles
of my
fingers. It doesn't shock my through dry skin.
I tested the device with a volt ohm meter and got a
current....as did
just my body and a plant I tried on a whim.
How much leakage is too much?
What can I do to fix this problem?
I don't mind the "Shock" (it really isn't enough to even
call it that)
but don't want the kids to find me dead on the floor one day
electrocuted.

I don't have a GFCI ( Y E T ) on the circuit but will put on
one there
soon.
Suggestions on trouble shooting and fixing this problem?