Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Another Senator "Outed"

wrote in message
On Apr 23, 3:05 pm, Hawke wrote:

Libel is the written defamation of character. You need to be more
careful.

Dan

No I don't. I'm not legally liable because all I did is relate what I
heard Mr. Donatelli say on the Lars Larsen radio show.

Hawke

/
/The words you used went beyond relating what you heard. You made a
/couple of statements that indicated that you believed that Graham is
/gay. Now your lawyer might convince a jury that you were not defaming
/Mr Graham, but then again he might not.
/
/ Dan

Is stating you think someone is gay defamation of character? Seems gay is
nearly equal rights with heterosexual these days, or at least on the way of
getting there. I'm not sure but what a gay group might try to accuse a
politician of defaming them if he claimed he was gay :-) Getting to be a
pretty twisted world.

RogerN