Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle[_2_] Cliff Hartle[_2_] is offline

Default Closing (and Baking) A Freshly Painted Entry Door

Does anyone else think that the door may not be in the best shape warping
wise after the bake. I know that they try to make them not warp but I doubt
that they tested it being baked flat in an oven.

Also if the paint worked better after backing don't you think it woould say
it on the can. I'm pretty sure its only tested under nornal conditions.

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Let's say you have a pre-primed fiberglass entry door.

Let's say SWMBO has picked the perfect color for you to paint it with.

Question 1:

How soon after you paint it can you close it tight against the rubber
weather stripping without fear of damaging the finish?

Question 2:

Would it hurt or help to bake the freshly painted door in my black,
enclosed trailer, parked in the sun on hot summer day?

(Having used the trailer previously to bake some large objects made from
fiberglass and epoxy, I know that it makes a pretty good oven.

Thanks!