Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03[_2_] DerbyDad03[_2_] is offline

Default Closing (and Baking) A Freshly Painted Entry Door

Let's say you have a pre-primed fiberglass entry door.

Let's say SWMBO has picked the perfect color for you to paint it with.

Question 1:

How soon after you paint it can you close it tight against the rubber
weather stripping without fear of damaging the finish?

Question 2:

Would it hurt or help to bake the freshly painted door in my black,
enclosed trailer, parked in the sun on hot summer day?

(Having used the trailer previously to bake some large objects made from
fiberglass and epoxy, I know that it makes a pretty good oven.

Thanks!