Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike De Petris Mike De Petris is offline

Default Notebook freezing when connected to external power supply

On Apr 25, 5:05*am, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On Apr 24, 4:46*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

You said that this problem didn't occur with certain software -- only BIOS
and W7. Which suggests a software problem.

Toshiba notebooks have not generally have this problem. You could push and
pull the AC adapter's plug all day long, and the computer didn't mind.

I suspect the software interprets the tiny "glitch" when the plug is
inserted (or removed) as a power loss, or a command to switch to
Sleep/Standby.

Does the hard drive light come on solid when it freezes, indicating it
is in some sort of loop, or does it go out, or does it flash
intermittently indicating it is not locked up?

it stays turned off, after lock up I see glowing these LED:
- power on
- power connected
- battery charging (if battery present)