Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Mary's home

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:36:24 -0700 (PDT), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Glad to hear things are working out well.

Thank you!

As for you doing the housework...we'll be waiting for those pictures
of you in your French maid outfit with its accompanying toolbelt
accessory. ;)

TMT

Domestic toolbelt with holster, n'est-ce pas? La questionne est
calibai le petit 9mm (aka .380), gauche 9mm Luger (boche,spit!),
..45ACP Americaine? (That's different from Ameripalin which would be a
rifle caliber not workable with a legal or otherwise domestic
servant's toolbelt.)

Don't hold your breath for such photos, but I was tempted to
photograph the repast I prepared to tempt milady tonight after doing
my daily 3 miles. New route for rainy days, like it. No hills.

The hardest part of fixin' a meal is figuring out what to fix.

My muse was with me today. I went to Bob's Produce (local market,
1-mile walk each way) with a general idea in mind and things gelled
while there. For supper we had:

*raw spinach salad with vidalia onion and sliced strawberries, dressed
with poppyseed dressing
*grillled lean ground beef patty, 1/3 lb per seasoned patty
*basmati rice with green peas (left over from yesterday; rice is
always better second day)
*rainbow sherbet for dessert

That's it. Sounds dirt simple and is but I claim points for flavor,
presentation, nutritional value and ability to tempt milady to chow
hearty. The vidalia onions just came in today. They're only here
for a few weeks this time of year. They're so mild and sweet they're
almost too mild to bother with on hamburgers, but they are wonderful
in a salad. The idea for the strawberries and poppyseed dressing came
off the spinach bag. I'd already had strawberries in my basket, so
ripe they'll only last a day. Strawberries and spinach are high in
iron, necessary for hemoglobin production. Besides that, they taste
best if they're really ripe and these suckers definitely were. I
have an infallible indicator for ripeness: when they're marked down
to 99 cents a box and are not yet moldy, they are RIPE! Sho 'nuff,
there wasn't a pulpy woody one in the lot.

So what the hell will I make tomorrow, oh **** oh dear. Mar knows
that drill, is purely enjoying my efforts at coping. We're
teammates. Having fun is job 1 whenever possible which is about always
even when things suck at times.