Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Soil Compactor Bit?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 21:30:44 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

THey have spoons and digging equipment for those that only hammer.
I have a drill/hammer or drill. Rats.

My 1/2" SDS Plus is a beautiful electronic brake and powerful machine.

But like you, I needed a hammer only.

Rats.

Go ahead - Don't make it very big - smaller flat goes in deeper.

In fact - you could use drills - poking them in but a flat would
be better. Use an old drill blank maybe!

Martin

I think Ive got a Black and Decker Impact Drill..doesnt spin, was
originally used to drive those star shaped concrete bits into concrete.
Its a stout! *******.

If you are interested.

Gunner

Winston wrote:
I Googled unsuccessfully.

I want to snap a "SDS plus" 'soil tamper' bit into my Bosch
Chipping Hammer to compact soil as I fill old post holes.

Has anyone done this?

Shall I just weld a square 1/4" HRS foot on to the end of a short pipe
and weld a "SDS plus" shank to the top?

What do you think about this plan?

--Winston

"First Law of Leftist Debate