Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:29:36 -0400, willshak wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote the following:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 00:04:54 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
(snip)

Chicken bones?

I take your point, but I don't cook anything with bones in it at home.
Like I said, I live alone, and I hate leftovers. Chicken is those 5-lb
bags of the pre-deboned breasts. 1 breast makes a good salad topper or
sandwich filler. Because my drains clog easily, I don't pour chicken
grease down the drain either- I wipe the pan out with a paper towel, and
put it in the trash.

We eat boneless breasts (and legs/thighs, BTW) too but not *every* night.
Depending on the mood (not mine and the price we also eat a lot of bone-in
chicken.

If I do ever have anything on the plate I decide isn't edible after all,
I just scrape it in the trash, or off the back of the deck for the
animals. If I suspect the trash can will then be smelly or attract bugs,
I carry it out and empty it. Not a big deal.

I don't want the critters around the house and the stuff stinks, particularly
after a week in the summer sun. I don't want the flies, either. There is no
food in our "garbage" so no smell, no critter scattering it, and no flies.

I don't dump raw garbage in the garbage cans. All my garbage is bagged
and sealed before it goes into the garbage can. I have never had to
clean my garbage cans in the 25 years I have lived here. I have had to
replace cans because the wheels started to come off..

You don't read very well either.

There are a lot of things that you don't well either. One of them is
logical thinking.

No one said anything about cleaning garbage cans, idiot.

Hah, ha, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa!!
You said the garbage cans attracts flies and critters, .
I live in the country. Animals do not get into my garbage, especially
raccoons, and they have hands rather than paws.
Flies don't bother with garbage sealed in bags in a properly closed can.
They'd rather go down the road where there is readily available
horse**** and cow****.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY