Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

SMS wrote the following:
On 22/04/10 4:33 AM, Mike wrote:

So what do you think? Is this fixable, or is a replacement disposal
the only viable way to go? If I do end up getting a plan to fix the
unit, it seems like pulling teh disposal from the sink will be the
only way to get down into the guts where the bolt meets the motor.

Almost certainly the "spinning bolt" is a threaded motor shaft.

Go to Costco and get a new disposal. Your time is worth something too.
It takes only an hour or so to remove and replace a disposal.

And of course ignore all the people that tell you to forgo a disposal.
Disposals are keeping massive amounts of garbage out of landfills,

Where do you think the sewer treatment plant dumps all their sludge and
solids?

and they keep the kitchen much more sanitary. They also prevent clogs
in drain pipes which can be difficult and expensive to fix.

A sink drain screen does the same and they don't use electricity.

A composter is another way to reduce the amount of garbage you dump
into landfills.

The only time you might not want to have a disposal is if you're using
a septic tank rather than being on sewers. It will need to be emptied
more frequently if you use a disposal.

I'd say that anyone against having a garbage disposal is a Fox News
wathing communist.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY