Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

wrote in message
"JimT" wrote:

Not trying to **** you off, but why would you put so much stuff down the
GD?
That stuff goes in the trash or compost.

Question...

May be moving form Midwest to Arizona....

Will a compost pile work well in desert southwest where
so dry?

I don't have a lot of composting experience but I'm sure it would. You do
have to add some water so you'd probably have to add more. Compost heaps are
pest attractors. If you have a lot of compost it can get out of hand
quickly. One thing I've learned is if the city will p/u yard waste (better
to just mulch grass clippings) let them do it. If I started another compost
pile I'd be absolutely sure it was sealed away from mice etc...... I prefer
to go to the nursery and buy compost. :-)