Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Cox Communications drops Usenet

On 2010-04-24, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 05:51:33 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

[ ... ]

Netscape isn't really gone. It has just been transformed into the
vastly bloated new program Firefox. The trend sickens me. Firefox
takes up 100MB of memory just loading itself any more. Feh!
That said, it still beats MS Internet Exploder.

"Chrome" seems to work well enough if you need something high speed and
of minimal size.

Gunner

Ive tried the Apple Safari...which I didnt much care for..but it did
work

I like Opera as a browser -- though I don't use *any* browser
for usenet news.

Chrome is not an option for Suns running Solaris, and I'm not
sure whether it is available for the Mac OS-X yet or not.

O.K. For OS-X -- but only 10.5 or later, and I'm stuck with
10.4 for running some other things which need 10.4 or older. The
machine is only a Mac Mini (little cube with no keybord or monitor, but
I've got both which switch between that machine and several Suns. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564