Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Mini drill press for kids

On 2010-04-24, Ignoramus5662 wrote:
DoN, and others, here's an update. My son loves his dremel tool, which
I like too because it is not powerful and can run slow. We bought a
drill press-like adapter for it at Home Depot and I bought a drill
chuck for it on amazon.

I wanted to convince him to get this

http://www.micromark.com/MICROLUX-BE...RESS,8283.html

But he said that he preferred the dremel adaptor. That's fine with
me.

So -- get *that* one for you! It looks like a nice one for the
price. If you want to do precision small hole drilling this will be
better than most floor-standing drill presses. :-)

If I didn't have the Cameron Micro Precision, I would go for
that one myself.

You'll find him using it eventually. :-)

BTW That *does* have a belt under the cover -- and you are expected
to shift the belts at least for more torque if not for speed
control.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564