Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default looking to buy metal lathe price questions

if you contact me off the group, I may be able to put you in contact with a
guy who has some nicer lathes than that - but they would be closer to Los
Angles than Sacramento.

For what it's worth, I paid $1200 for my Logan/Powermatic (12X48) with a
couple of chucks and not much else, I added a VFD to drive it and it is
serving me well - that lathe came from near Ventura

"G Martin" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 10:23 am, "RAM³" wrote:
G Martin wrote in news:cf95d411-b7b9-4d4b-9c43-
:

I'm on the west coast where soon they will probably ban you from
owning a lathe at home! Just kidding they ban everything else out
here.

What state - and how far from Taft, Ca. (Gunner's home base)?

BTW, you DO like cats, don't you? g

Central valley Calif just south of Sacramento.
That model 200 for $800 has no tooling and the guy has never cut
threads with it so I don't think there are any change gears.
I just found another Logan 10" x 24" model 815 QC gear box 5 drawers
full of tooling ( several chucks, faceplate, steady rest, follower
rest, live centers, jacobs chucks ect.) The guy is asking B.O. $750
to low to start?

Greg