Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

On 2010-04-23, wrote:
Here is the deal for folks who still cling to that belief:
In a Republican administration, the poor are prevented from becoming
poorer until after the rich become richer.
In a Democratic administration, the rich are forced to become richer
before the poor are permitted to become poorer.

My own theory in the widening income gap between well paid people and
badly paid people is very simple. It is not very much about politics
and mostly about economics, IQs and productivity.

I largely agree. It is all about power not about party.

--Winston

WRONG! It's about options. Job options. Just take a look at all the jobs
available in America at any specific time. It's just like a pyramid with
the great, high paying jobs at the top and the lousy, low paying jobs on
the bottom. As you see in any pyramid the base is wide and the tip is
very small. This is how the jobs are distributed in the country. Most
jobs available to Americans are not good and don't pay much. The jobs at
the top are few and far between and the pay is ridiculously high.

So it doesn't matter what you do because there are only so many jobs as
lawyers, doctors, professional athletes, entertainers, politicians, and
corporate big wigs. They are all taken, there is a waiting list for
every one of these great jobs a mile long, and 99% of Americans can't
get one of them no matter how hard they try.

This leaves a lot of low pay, lousy jobs for the ordinary person to
choose from. So regardless of party, or government, or anything else,
most jobs are not good and don't pay very well. Then you have the
problem of there not even being enough jobs for everyone. There are more
people available to work than there are jobs for them to find. So any
way you slice it only a small fraction of the people have any chance of
getting rich. You have to be born lucky or with great talent to get
rich. The country is full of people who have worked hard and have
nothing to show for it so effort alone means nothing. The road to
poverty is paved with lots of hard work. Just ask a slave who had to
pick cotton for his master.

What it boils down to is that in a capitalist system like we have you
have a small group of winners who are fabulously wealthy and you have a
large group who has only a little to show for their efforts. They get by
and that's about it, and the rest of the people have virtually nothing
and can't even find jobs to pay for a normal living. There used to be a
large middle class but that was a short term fluke which ended when
Reagan got elected. Which is why I prefer getting rich the traditional
way in America, by inheritance.

Hawke