Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tm tm is offline

Default Detectron Geiger Counter

"Chris F." wrote in message

If all else fails, trace out the schematic. It doesn't look all that
messy and you can probably use the DG-9 schematic as a guide. The
author of the web site where we found the DG-9 schematic is the
founders son. Send him email asking if he has a DG-7 schematic or if
he knowns anyone that can help.

I might do that. Can't think of anything else it might be, as it's really
a rather basic circuit. BTW that small tube with the 2 leads I mentioned
is a 5841 (voltage regulator), and I don't have a sub for it.

Check this out:

http://www.dvq.com/geiger/heath_rc1.pdf

Googleing says it is a 900 volt regulator. maybe a stack of 150 volt zeners
would work.

I did see some replacements available.