Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Mini drill press for kids

Gunner Asch wrote in
:

On 24 Apr 2010 17:15:10 GMT, "RAM³"
wrote:

Ignoramus5662 wrote in
om:

DoN, and others, here's an update. My son loves his dremel tool,
which I like too because it is not powerful and can run slow. We
bought a drill press-like adapter for it at Home Depot and I bought
a drill chuck for it on amazon.

I wanted to convince him to get this

http://www.micromark.com/MICROLUX-BE...ED-MINI-HOBBY-
DR ILL-PRESS,8283.html

But he said that he preferred the dremel adaptor. That's fine with
me.

One thing that the Dremel "drill press" will do that a real one won't
is to serve as a "tool holder" that lets the user use both hands while
buffing/sanding/grinding since the tool can be clamped in the
horizontal position.

Yah - I've got one and use it often. GRIN

Your drill press cant be clamped in a lower position???????

The Dremel "Drill Press" is an "accessory" that holds the rotary tool
either vertically or horizontally and provides a rack-and-pinion feed
mechanism.

It's a scaled-down version of the "Drill Press accessories" sold for use
with 1/4"-3/8" electric drills. (I have one of those, too. g)

FWIW, I also have a 12" floor-mount 15-speed drill press...

BTW, there was an excellent reason for using the quotation marks...G