Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Harrison Mike Harrison is offline

Default Rapid and DHL

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:14:21 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Had a card through the door from DHL saying they'd tried to deliver a
parcel, and they'd try again the next day - or to collect from the depot
the day after that. And I was expecting a few things by post or whatever.
They didn't deliver the next day - I stayed in just in case. So a pain.
Yesterday, went to collect it - a special journey.
And it turned out to be a f***ing Rapid electronics catalogue that would
have gone through the letterbox.

Normally, DHL are usually very good at re-delivering. So is it they were
saving time and money with something so unimportant? And why require a sig
for something like this?

Normally all couriers require a signature, unless the sender requests
differently

My Rapid catalogue was left outside the door.

One reason I don't use DHL for day to day consignments is that they
refuse to accept special instructions

Not entirely true, but you need to file an instruction at their local depot, e.g. to tell them that
delivering to next door is OK.