Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Another Senator "Outed"

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:50:59 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:09:26 -0400, Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:29:20 -0500, Ignoramus9512

On 2010-04-22, Hawke wrote:
The news today is that another senator is in fact a closeted
homosexual.
He's also a republican, as you would probably guess. Who is it?
Lindsey
Graham. That's the word going around today. Graham is gay. Is it a
fact?
Right now it's only a rumor but he was outed by a Mr. Donatelli, a
republican campaign manager. I'm sure there will be more to this one
later. But it does explain why Graham has always been such a
weaselly
guy. Another gay republican politician, why am I not surprised?

Oddly enough, he was outed by a fellow Republican.

Which just goes to show the honesty of the other Republican,

Now if he were a Democrat like...Gary Studds... who took a 17 yr old
male page and raped him..he would have gotten a standing ovation from
his fellow Democrats.

http://newsbusters.org/node/8336

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerry_Studds

During the course of the House Ethics Committee's investigation, Studds
publicly acknowledged his homosexuality, a disclosure that, according
a Washington Post article, "apparently was not news to many of his
constituents." Studds stated in an address to the House, "It is not a
simple task for any of us to meet adequately the obligations of either
public or private life, let alone both, but these challenges are made
substantially more complex when one is, as I am, both an elected public
official and gay." He acknowledged that it had been inappropriate to
engage in a relationship with a subordinate, and said his actions
represented "a very serious error in judgment."[2]

The House voted to censure Studds, on July 20, 1983, by a vote of
420-3.
Studds faced the Speaker who was actually reading the motion, with his
back to the other members.[3]

Studds received two standing ovations from supporters in his home
district at his first town meeting following his congressional censure.

He served 4 MORE terms as Congressman.

My Mother was in Gary Studds district, and she *did* know.

When the story about the page broke, she was appalled. But when the next
election arrived, she was even more appalled by Studds' opponents, all
good
family men, with happy-family campaign photos to prove it, but dumb as an
oyster.

She voted for Studds.

Joe Gwinn

So your mom voted for a raper of boys.

As I recall, it was not forcible, it was statutory.

Was it rape? yes/no

Apparently not, as discussed by other posters. I don't really recall the
details anymore, as I didn't live in Mass then.

Doesnt spell good things for your Mom, did it?

It was the lesser of the evils.

Joe Gwinn

So your mom voluntarily voted for a rapist.

Seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it. I don't recall her ranting about rape. If
it were, I would have heard about it.

So, what's the point of this exchange? She was there. You were not.

Joe Gwinn

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.