Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
G Martin G Martin is offline

Default looking to buy metal lathe price questions

On Apr 23, 6:48*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
G Martin fired this volley in news:dcaefe32-8f58-
:

I'm in the market for an older american made metal lathe *Logan South
Bend Atlas
Any info on pricing?
9" or 10" X 24"

I know this guy. *He's legit... just new to metalworking, and wanting a
good deal.

I already cautioned him about short-bed machines, but I'm really not up-
to-date on pricing for medium-old iron, being about ten years since I
purchased a lathe.

LLoyd

Thanks Lloyd
I definetly don't want any of the new imported stuff and shopping
around my local area there isn't to many right now.
Looked at the small 6" Atlas/Craftsman and a bit to small for my needs
I think.

Greg