Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Income gap between rich and poor

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:51:27 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 03:57:42 -0400, "Buerste"
wrote:
snip
Far too many people believe that low paying jobs should be eliminated.

snip
Another example of micro-optimization.

Most of the people that advocate this are also among the loudest
complainers about high taxes and welfare queens, as well as the
breakdown in "law-n-order."

By eliminating the jobs for the less skilled/motivated, we are
simply creating a permanent under class (and liberal voting
block), and as Grandma observed, "Idle hands are the devil's
workshop." GOOD THINKING....

You said it better than I could. Liberals like to feel that everybody is
trainable to do high-paying jobs but it just isn't so. Many years ago, I
had an old guy that swept the floors and moved material around. He took
great pride in how clean he kept the plant and enjoyed doing it. He
couldn't add and subtract or read and write but had pride and satisfaction.
The floors haven't been as clean since he died. I can't afford to hire a
replacement at $15/hr. plus bennies. And, the union won't accept a lower
pay.

Ohmigod, you're a UNION shop? thud

What if you wrote to the union and asked them if you could hire a guy
off the street to clean your floors and move material for $10/hr?
Might they write back "Hell no!"? Now what would happen if somehow,
those letters found their way into a journalist's hands?

Sorry, I meant FOX journalist's hands. Nobody else'd publish that
story which clearly showed that a union would rather have people out
of work than making normal wages.

--
....in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should
not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work.