Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Another Senator "Outed"

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:22:17 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:09:09 -0500, "Paul K. Dickman"
wrote:

"Joseph Gwinn" wrote in message
She voted for Studds.

Joe Gwinn

So your mom voted for a raper of boys.

As I recall, it was not forcible, it was statutory.

Doesnt spell good things for your Mom, did it?

It was the lesser of the evils.

Joe Gwinn

Apparently, it wasn't even statutory.
A quick web check shows that the age of consent in DC is 16 and has been
16
for over 100 years.
It may have been poor judgment, but that was between him and the page.

Paul K. Dickman

Hint..they werent in DC when it happened.

Check the facts.

Gunner

Check your own facts, Gunner.

According to the special counsel's report, Studds first invited the page
his Georgetown apartment, and then later that summer took the boy on a
two-week trip to Portugal. The ex-page testified that he bore no ill will
toward Studds.

Read mo
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz0lwq3b1Qq

Unless you're talking about Portugal.

Paul K. Dickman

Was it by law or not..statutory rape or not?

Be specific. Use as much whitespace as possible

And what is the age of consensual sex in Georgetown?

Hummm?

Gunner

Gunner, you blow hard, I have already told you.
Georgetown is a neighborhood in Washington, DC.
The age of consent in DC is 16 and has been 16 for over 100 years.
Therefore it was not statutory rape, by law or otherwise.

It wasn't in illegal Portugal, either.

Paul K. Dickman