Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn care goes hi-tech

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
On 4/23/2010 11:07 AM, JimT wrote:
"Percival P. wrote in message
Called a business that had an insert in our local paper to get a quote
for
getting our lawn rolled. Gave them all the usual information, plus
e-mail
address, then asked when somebody was likely to come and check the place
out. Reply: "We don't need to send somebody the we get all the
information we need from satellite imagery."

Perce

I was impressed when one of the roofing companies I contacted did the
estimate from satellite imagery. The computer spits out the estimate. I
didn't hire them and I'm glad I didn't. They did one of my neighbor's and
the crew consisted of Mexican Nationals. Nothing against Mexicans but I
want
one or two English speaking guys on the crew.

Point is: It's the final job that matters. :-)

Good luck finding a non mexican roofing crew. BUT, i would insist on an
English speaking Foreman. I agree with that. Speak english or go home.

--
Steve Barker

Yeah, living here in Central TX you learn that pretty quickly. g

I got Wilson Roofing (Austin). They did excellent work and they have the
reputation of being one of the best. There were a bunch of guys up there.
But there was a articulate and educated person there at all times. Started
at about 7am and ended about 7pm. Pro all the way. Cost a little more but
worth it. I highly recommend them.