Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default Lawn care goes hi-tech

snip

"Nothing against Mexicans but I want one or two English speaking
guys on the crew."

What if they all spoke Dutch? or German? or the Queen's English?

My wife speaks some German and she's Hispanic.

"Point is: It's the final job that matters."

Apparently not. What seems to matter, at least to you, is what language
they speak.

So communication isn't important to you? If I had a translator it wouldn't
matter.

FWIW: That particular company didn't have a real good rep locally. They were
based out of another city too. That was the reason I didn't pick them. I try
to ask anyone that does work on my house to have at least one English
speaking person. I don't think that is unreasonable or racist. It can easily
be a Mexican that speaks English. I grew-up, and spent most of my adult
life, in Southern NM. I don't carry any hard core resentment of Mexicans.
I'm just being practical. If that bothers you I don't know what to say.