Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Kyocera receiver not remembering stations--success!

It's interesting how many expensive products (and I'm including devices that
sell or sold for over $1000) use soldered-in backup cells, rather than a
battery holder. The battery in a product that gets regular use will often
last long behind its nominal life (10 or 15 years, versus 5), but that's
still no excuse. Indeed, one of the advantages of using a socket is that you
can replace the cell /while the unit is operating/.

My hall synthesizers use a lithium coin cell for backup, and I've replaced
their soldered-in cells with sockets.