Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Climate Science In Denial -- Global warming alarmists havebeen discredited, but you wouldn't know it from the rhetoric this Earth Day

On 4/22/2010 9:09 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:17:22 -0400, the infamous Joseph Gwinn
scrawled the following:

From The wall Street Journal, 22 April 2010, page A23.

By RICHARD S. LINDZEN

--bigish snip--

But it is unwise to assume that those who have carved out agendas to exploit the
issue will simply let go without a battle. One can only hope that the climate
alarmists will lose so that we can go back to dealing with real science and real
environmental problems such as assuring clean air and water. The latter should
be an appropriate goal for Earth Day.

Mr. Lindzen is professor of meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of
Technology.

Hear, hear! Happy Earth Day, boys and girls.

Meteorology is what TV weathermen take in college. It's not climate
science. Among the experts in climate science there is no issue about
global warming. It's a fact. The consensus is that the increase in heat
is caused by human activity. Nobody has come up with any science that
proves this is not the fact. But the global warming deniers are not
using the data provided by reputable climate scientists to prove what
they are asserting. Everything but that. We know why. They don't have
the science on their side.

Hawke