Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus5662 Ignoramus5662 is offline

Default Income gap between rich and poor

On 2010-04-23, Buerste wrote:

Far too many people believe that low paying jobs should be
eliminated. Minimum wages are pushed up and the consequence is these
low-end jobs disappear and society supports these people with social
programs. These people are denied the satisfaction of
accomplishment and contribution and their pride is stolen from them.
Don't blame machines, that is a reaction by business to control
cost, a counterplay to political induced instability to a free
market. Is a person truly better off sitting at home collecting
government hand-outs that keep them under control and in a state of
hopelessness?

I am confused as to what you are saying.

Are you saying that, if minimum wage was eliminated, the progress of
replacing people with machines would stop? I find this to be very
unlikely.

And, if minimum wage was dropped, the wage disparity would increase,
not decrease, so I cannot see how you can blame wage control for
income disparity. It seems to be a bogus argument.

What percentage of the bottom earners are there because they just
lack the ability to be trained for more lucrative positions and what
percentage are there because of bad decisions, bad choices and
apathy? If there are no consequences because society will always
provide a big TV, food, clothing and shelter...why try?

To have a better TV, more clothing and bigger shelter?