Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Other Mike[_3_] The Other Mike[_3_] is offline

Default Gluing silicon door seal to steel - sports car

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 01:51:53 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember robgraham
saying something like:

Do I use ordinary silicone to glue them on or is there
some specific silicone glue?

For many automotive applications, Sikaflex tend to have the adhesive of
choice.

Got to agree. I've used Sikaflex 221 for fixing skinned rubber soft
top seals to metal before. If the surface is properly cleaned a
degreased then the seal fails before the joint.

The butyl tape that cpc sell for sealing loudspeaker drivers to
cabinets is good for temporary attachment at the start of a run and on
the corners as it stops the seal sliding in the groove which can
sometimes happen with a semi liquid mastic.