Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rapid and DHL

In article ,
geoff wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
Had a card through the door from DHL saying they'd tried to deliver a
parcel, and they'd try again the next day - or to collect from the
depot the day after that. And I was expecting a few things by post or
whatever. They didn't deliver the next day - I stayed in just in case.
So a pain. Yesterday, went to collect it - a special journey. And it
turned out to be a f***ing Rapid electronics catalogue that would have
gone through the letterbox.

Normally, DHL are usually very good at re-delivering. So is it they
were saving time and money with something so unimportant? And why
require a sig for something like this?

Normally all couriers require a signature, unless the sender requests
differently

I can see that - so it's Rapid's fault?

One reason I don't use DHL for day to day consignments is that they
refuse to accept special instructions

Right.

The other reason is, if course, that they are crap

I've not got your experience, but have found them OK for deliveries.
Usually get the same driver who is very pleasant. Parcel Farce is the only
carrier I've had problems with.

When I moaned to the counter guy that it would have gone through the
letter box, his response suggested I wasn't the first.

--
*Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.