Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10488 Ignoramus10488 is offline

Default Mini drill press for kids

My older son will turn 9 soon and we are thinking of some present that
is mechanically related. We bought a drill press type of holder for a
Dremel tool. At first I thought that it was a mistake and I would be
better off looking for a small, low power drill press. But after
looking for such a press, I realized that they are not suitable for
kids, due to belt drive and too much power. The high speed presses
seem dangerous to eyes. (though he knows to wear eue protection, he
could forget).

So, I guess my question is, are there little drill presses that could
drill up to 1/4 and would be kid friendly, available.