Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_9_] Steve B[_9_] is offline

Default Maximum spacing of ceiling corregated metal.

"John B. Slocomb" wrote

Actually the question of truss placement did come up, although perhaps
not discussed, as it has real meaning when the question of whether
the roof is going to collapse, or not arises.

John B. Slocomb
(johnbslocombatgmaildotcom)

Spacing, as well as screw placement and numbers will have an effect also on
what wind it will be rated for. When I planned my 32' x 14' awning, the guy
who doped it out looked at several different sheets of engineering info, and
we settled on the configuration that would withstand 104 mph winds. Did you
get, or did the person building it get any engineer stamped plans? With
these metal buildings, most steel fabrication suppliers of this material may
be a good place to ask these questions for free. If you have an account
anywhere, I'd start there.

Steve

Visit my blog at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com