Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default water pipe corrosion

On 2010-04-22, John B Slocomb wrote:

[ ... ]

I am assuming from your posts that the pipes require draining to
prevent freezing but I wonder whether, after draining as best as
possible an air compressor could be connected and "blow down" the pipe
for a few days might not prevent further corrosion.

How about pulling a vacuum on the pipes instead -- assuming that
they can take the compressive forces of pulling a vacuum on the pipe.
This will cause the water to evaporate relatively quickly -- assuming
that you have a way of sealing the other end of the pipe.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564