Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Harbor Freight Free Flashlight and Work Light Question

On Apr 22, 12:09*pm, LouB wrote:
aemeijers wrote:
LouB wrote:
LouB wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:
I guess I am missing something. What is the point of having 13 (or 30)
crappy quality flashlights?

Because they're not "crappy." They would be worth it at TWICE the
price!

Seriously, they are perfectly adequate flashlights.
* They are all metal, not the "crappy" plastic of some brand-name,
"inexpensive" flashlights.
* They have an actual switch (in the base) instead of a sliding
contact.
* They have NINE LEDs instead of seven or five found in the
commercial, brand-name, $4.95+ flashlights.
* They come with a handy little noose, enabling them to dangle from
a knob on the dash.
* They come in colors to match your political persuasion: Blue
(Democrat), Red (Republican), and Black.

+1
I went to HF today - a 40 minute drive.
They were giving out the red or blue jobs.
While wandering thru the store I saw sets of two of the same units
being sold in a blister pack for $8.95.
Those are the SAME units they give away. *How do I know?
I was at the register when one of the staff brought a box of the
blister packed duals up front and started to rip them open.

ISTR $3.95 on the 2-packs. 8, 3, easy to get them confused. I think the
black ones in the single packs were $2.95, which would be about right.

Of course, they buy them by the bazillion from China for maybe a quarter
apiece. This giveaway has been going on for close to a year at this
point- they wouldn't have gone this long if the loss-leader wasn't
bringing the sheep into the tent.

I was surprised only cause I figured they bought in bulk (not blister
packed)- Hide quoted text -

My guess is that they usually do but perhaps ran out of the bulk
ones.

They've saturated the marketplace with their coupons and perhaps
people are really starting to notice.