Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Of course my garbage disposal had to break THIS way

On Apr 22, 1:08*pm, wrote:
On Apr 22, 11:49*am, mike wrote:

Most people don't like scooping bits of crud and various foodstuffs,
peelings, chicken guts, etc. from the drain into a garbage can
(yuck). *

Why would you do that? Scrape leftovers off the plates straight into
the can. Dump the cutting board straight into the can too. Why create
the extra operation of moving the waste foodstuffs to the sink and
then scooping them into the can?

"Why create the extra operation of moving the waste foodstuffs to
the sink and then scooping them into the can?"

Sometimes it's not as easy as "scrape leftovers off the plates
straight into the can" ... at least not in my kitchen.

Consider bits of food left in the bottom of a can being rinsed for the
recycling bin, food mixed with liquids (e.g. soup) being tossed from
the fridge, cooked food stuck to a frying or roasting pan, etc.

All of these are much more easily dealt with under running water,
which is going to result in food scrapes in the sink.

I'm not arguing for or against disposers, I'm simply stating that I
can't imagine being able to avoid ending up with food waste in the
sink - at least not in my kitchen, or any kitchen that I have ever
cooked in.